FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lego Batman....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LostCarPark.com Forum Index -> Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jumbo

PostPosted: Sat 05-Nov-2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Lego Batman.... Reply with quote

ENFIELD, Conn. -- Oct. 26, 2005 -- The LEGO Group, manufacturer of creative play materials for children, today announces procurement of exclusive worldwide construction toy rights for the entire portfolio of children's entertainment powerhouse Nickelodeon, as well as partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on DC Comics' classic Batman™ brand.

Nickelodeon

An agreement with Nickelodeon grants master construction toy rights to the entire catalog of Nickelodeon properties, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Nickelodeon Movies.

The first two Nick properties coming to life in brick form are "SpongeBob SquarePants" and the newest network hit, "Avatar: The Last Airbender," both rated in the network's top 10 for boys ages 6-11, according to A.C. Nielsen. Both lines will be available in August 2006.

Three constructible LEGO® SpongeBob SquarePants playsets feature iconic character minifigures, role play functionality and gadgets to reflect the property's wacky fun and silly pranks in iconic settings like Bikini Bottom and the Krusty Krab.

LEGO Avatar: The Last Airbender offers two hero models with collectible minifigures and role play action to recreate popular environs of the animated series. Planned marketing support includes TV, Web content, LEGO Club, model tour, co-promotions and retail feature.

"Nickelodeon is thrilled to partner with the LEGO Group across our full list of properties," says Sherice Torres, vice president, hard goods - Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products. "LEGO Group knows how to dazzle kids with imaginative construction toys and the combined appeal of the Nickelodeon and LEGO brands is a stamp of approval for kids and parents alike."

Batman™

Through an agreement with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, LEGO Group acquires construction toy license for the classic Batman brand, inspired by the pages of DC Comics' comic books; Warner Bros. Animation's hit television series, The Batman; Warner Bros. Pictures' blockbuster feature film, Batman Begins, which debuted in theaters this past summer and any related theatrical releases or television programs that are produced during the period of this deal.

Beginning in April 2006, LEGO Group will introduce six Batman products featuring constructible play sets with strong vehicle focus, cool functionality, gadgets and a library of collectible mini-figures.

The LEGO Batman product line replicates the collectible craze the company created around its best-selling LEGO Harry Potter™ series - where sets are designed to be combined to further the storyline and role play opportunities.

"Our partnership with the LEGO brand on Harry Potter has been an extremely successful one and we are excited about building our relationship through Batman," said Karen McTier, Executive Vice President of Domestic Licensing, Global Toys, Publishing and Themed Entertainment for Warner Bros. Consumer Products. "LEGO Group brings a wealth of creativity and quality to the products they produce and are uniquely positioned to meet the high level of expectations we have for Batman, one of our marquis brands."

LEGO Batman will be supported with TV, print and online ads, Web content, LEGO Club, targeted events, a model tour and retail promotions.
James Brophy

PostPosted: Mon 07-Nov-2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Lego Batman Reply with quote

Lego versions of batman villans.

So... scociopaths in brick form? It just seems a bit wrong. Perhaps I'm not immune to the oddness of this yet.

I wonder if they will keep going with DC sets. Lego superman makes more sense to me as he relys on allot more collateral dammage. (pick up building and throw) Lego sets up to now rarely do dark and gothic very well.

Ohh, Will the cowl be a removeable hat or be a special Baman head brick?
Will scarface be a special hand that fits in to dummy's arm socket?
Will we get a little lego JLU?

Sooo many questions!

Still, if they make a bat cave I'm getting it. I have no choice. Very Happy

We need more emoticons. Bat emoticons!... and lego!

Jumbo

PostPosted: Tue 08-Nov-2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lego

Constintine, Swamp Thing, Watchmen uh uh uh uh
an owl ship......

Ok, OK, Noonans Bar!!!!!
thats gota be a good one, I am sure we could organise some MOC's easy.

get a blow torch, we can have DIY Plastic Man

jb
James Brophy

PostPosted: Wed 09-Nov-2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Bat lego! Reply with quote

Ohhh, Swamp Thing taking Gotham!

I'm not shure you could do constantine, You could make a 1X1 flat into a pack of silk cut, but there is othing small enough in lego minifig scale to work as a cigarette.

Lego Hacken. Very Happy Even better, Lego zomie night a gotham aquarium.
Do lego have penguins or a chainsaw? Twisted Evil

lostcarpark

Display Name: James Shields
PostPosted: Wed 14-Dec-2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is brilliant - I Google for "Lego Batman" and find my own site in the top ten. Nice work guys. Should just have gone to LostCarPark first.

Any preview photos of sets? I've seen some of the 2006 Star Wars sets, which are pretty cool.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LostCarPark.com Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: